- Me: *Wakes up early for work*
- *Eats breakfast*
- *Walks out back door*
- "Oh, what a beautiful---....."
- "....Oh, hai, drunk girl passed out in my porch..."
Teen Movies: 8tracks Collection
I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80’s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason.
80s Boombox: 01. The Breakfast Club - Don’t You Forget About Me; Simple Minds | 02. Say Anything - In Your Eyes; Peter Gabriel | 03. Dirty Dancing - Eyes; Eric Carmen | 04. Pretty In Pink - If You Leave; Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark | 05. Some Kind Of Wonderful - She Loves Me; Stephen Duffy | 06. Valley Girl - I Melt With You Modern English | 07. Sixteen Candles - True; Spandau Ballet | 08. Pretty In Pink - Try A Little Tenderness; Otis Redding | 09. Dirty Dancing - The Time Of My Life; Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes | 10. Top Gun - Take My Breath Away; Berlin | 11. Sixteen Candles - If You Were Here; Thompson Twins | 12. Mannequin - Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now; Starship | 13. Some Kind Of Wonderful - Abuse (Dr. Mabuse Remix); Propaganda | 14. Back To The Future - Power of Love; Huey Lewis and the News | 15. Can’t Buy Me Love - All Night; Randy Hall | 16. The Breakfast Club - We Are Not Alone; Karla DeVito | 17. St. Elmo’s Street - Man In Motion; John Parr | 18. Footloose - Footloose; Kenny Loggins | 19. Risky Business - Old Time Rock N Roll; Bob Seger | 20. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off - Twist And Shout; The Beatles | 21. Back To The Future - Johnny B. Goode; Chuck Berry | 22. The Blues Brothers - Shake A Tail Feather; The Blues Brothers feat. Ray Charles | 23. Flashdance - What A Feeling; Irene Cara | 24. Can’t Buy Me Love - Can’t Buy Me Love; The Beatles | 25. Happy Together - Happy Together; The Turtles | 26. Dream A Little Dream - Dream A Little Dream Me; Mel Tormé and Mickey Thomas | 27. Real Genius - Everybody Wants To Rule The World; Tears For Fears | 28. Heathers - Teenage Suicide (Don’t Do It); Big Fun | 29. Weird Science - Weird Science; Oingo Boingo | 30. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off - Oh Yeah; Yello. [LISTEN]
90s Discman: 01. Cruel Intentions - Bittersweet Symphony; The Verve | 02. Romeo + Juliet - Lovefool; The Cardigans. | 03. Armagedon - I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing Aerosmith | 04. Freaks and Geeks - Bad Reputation; Joan Jett and the Blackhearts | 05. She’s All That - Rockafeller; Skank Fatboy Slim | 06. Clueless - Kids In America; The Muffs | 07. Can’t Hardly Wait - I Can’t Get Enough Of You, Baby; Smash Mouth | 08. 10 Things I Hate About You - I Want You To Want Me; Letters To Cleo |09. She’s All That - Kiss Me; Sixpence None The Richer | 10. Cruel Intentions - Colorblind; Counting Crows | 11. Romeo + Juliet - Talk Show Host; Radiohead | 12. Dawson’s Creek - I Don’t Want To Wait; Paula Cole | 13. I Know What You Did Last Summer - Clumsy; Our Lady Peace | 14. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Buffy Theme; Nerf Herder | 15. Jawbreaker - Yoo Hoo; Imperial Teen | 16. Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead - Draggin’ The Line; Beat Goes Bang | 17. American Pie - Mutt; Blink 182 | 18. Empire Records - Sugarhigh; Coyote Shivers | 19. Drive Me Crazy - Keep On Loving You; The Donnas | 20. Clueless - Alright; Supergrass | 21. Hayley Wagner, Star - Look At Me; Geri Halliwell | 22. Teaching Mrs Tingle - Sorry; Stretch Princess | 23. Wish Upon A Star - Heaven; Moonpools and Caterpillars | 24.10 Things I Hate About You - Can’t Take My Eyes Off You; Heath Ledger | 25. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Little Heaven; Toad The Wet Sprocket | 26. Empire Records - Til I Hear It From You; Gin Blossoms | 27. Election - This Road I’m Traveling; Mojave 3 | 28. That Thing You Do - That Thing You Do; The Wonders | 29. Titanic - My Heart Will Go On; Celine Dion | 30. Drive Me Crazy - (You Drive Me) Crazy; Britney Spears. [LISTEN]
00s MP3 Player: 01. A Walk To Remember - Someday We’ll Know; Mandy Moore and Jon Foreman | 02. A Cinderella Story - I’ll Be; Edwin McCain | 03. Down To You - Let’s Stay Together; Seal | 04. Juno - Anyone Else But You; The Moldy Peaches | 05. (500) Days Of Summer - She’s Got You High; Mumm Ra | 06. The O.C. - California; Phantom Planet | 07. Veronica Mars - We Used To Be Friends; The Dandy Warhols | 08. Mean Girls - God Is A DJ; P!nk | 09. Legally Blonde - Perfect Day; Hoku | 10. Bring It On - Hey Mickey; B*Witched | 11. The Princess Diaries - Miracles Happen; Myra | 12. Just My Luck - Just My Luck; McFly | 13. She’s The Man - 4Ever; The Veronicas | 14. Freaky Friday - What I Like About You; Lillix | 15. The Perfect Man - I Will Learn To Love Again; Kaci Brown | 16. Wild Child - Let Me Think About It; Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand | 17. Boys and Girls - Can’t Stop The Rock; Apollo 440 | 18. Freaky Friday - Happy Together; Simple Plan | 19. Josie And The Pussycats - Three Small Words; Rachael Leigh Cook, Tara Reid and Rosario Dawson | 20. Save The Last Dance - All Or Nothing; Athena Cage | 21. Whatever It Takes - Charm Attack; Leona Naess | 22. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - That Girl; Lindsay Lohan | 23. Lizzie McGuire - What Dreams Are Made Of; Hilary Duff | 24. Raise Your Voice - Someone’s Watching Over Me; Hilary Duff | 25. What A Girl Wants - Long Time Coming; Oliver James | 26. A Walk To Remember - Only Hope; Mandy Moore | 27. Get Over It - Dream Of Me; Kirsten Dunst | 28. The Notebook - I’ll Be Seeing You; Billie Holiday | 29. The Prince and Me - I Hope That I Don’t Fall In Love With You; Marc Cohn | 30. The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants - These Days; Chantal Kreviazuk. [LISTEN]
10s Smartphone: 01. Pitch Perfect - Cups (When I’m Gone) Anna Kendrick | 02. Easy A - Change Of Seasons Sweet Thing | 03. The Fault In Our Stars - Boom Clap; Charli XCX | 04. Veronica Mars - Stick Up; Max | 05. Twilight - Black Hole; Muse | 06. Divergent - Beating Heart; Ellie Goulding | 07. Vampire Academy - Bela Lugosi’s; Dead Chvrches | 08. G.B.F. - Body Work; Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara | 09. The First Time - Wait For Me; Motopony | 10. Veronica Mars - Prosthetic Love; Typhoon | 11. Catching Fire - Silhouettes; Of Monsters And Men | 12. The Spectacular Now - Song For Zula; Phosphorescent | 13. Breaking Dawn - Turning Page; Sleeping At Last | 14. The Fault In Our Stars - All Of The Stars; Ed Sheeran | 15. The Hunger Games - Safe & Sound; Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars | 16. Beautiful Creatures - Never Too Late; Thenewno2 | 17. The To Do List - Fade Into You; Mazzy Star | 18. City of Bones - When The Darkness Comes; Colbie Caillat | 19. Vampire Academy - Spiritual; Katy Perry | 20. Divergent - I Need You; M83 | 21. The Bling Ring - All Of The Lights; Kanye West feat. Rihanna, Kid Cudi | 22. Pitch Perfect - Price Tag / Don’t You Forget About Me / Give Me Everything; The Barden Bellas | 23. Dirty Girl - Your Love; The Outfield | 24. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - Heroes; David Bowie | 25. Easy A - Knock On Wood; Emma Stone | 26. It’s Kind Of A Funny Story - Where Is My Mind; Maxence Cyrin. [LISTEN]
By far the playlist that took me the longest to compile.
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
let’s review the ratings *filters the white reviews*
This is why it’s important we flood the theaters when this goes into theaters.
But if a white person did dear black people it would be wrong
…yes, yes it would…
what do white people have to say to black people that we don’t tell them every day already with our actions, judgments, racial stereotypes, laws, and police force?
white people don’t have anything to say to black people because we already have a say in everything they do and have done for the last few hundred years. one movie where black people have the spotlight over white people, calling out blatant and subtle racism in our society, isn’t going to kill us.
get the fuck over your white superiority complex. you don’t stand to lose anything, but black people stand to gain everything.
OH MY GOD! The other videos on their YouTube channel are fucking GOLD.
you never know when the desire to draw Luna Lovegood is gonna hit you… but it’s useless to fight it.
If it comes too easy, you’re doing something wrong.
I am a princess…